• Happy Birthday, Chuck Berry (1926-2017)! 🎸

WTB - used lightweight solo canoe in the NE

Reaction score
I've test paddled and really enjoyed the Rheaume Reble, the Swift Cruiser series, and a Curtis nomad but just haven't found quite the right boat at the right price for what I can afford at the moment. If anyone is selling or has any hot leads, please let me know. I'm based in Rochester but willing to take a bit of a road trip for the right boat.

Thanks!

I've test paddled and really enjoyed the Rheaume Reble, the Swift Cruiser series, and a Curtis nomad but just haven't found quite the right boat at the right price for what I can afford at the moment. If anyone is selling or has any hot leads, please let me know. I'm based in Rochester but willing to take a bit of a road trip for the right boat.

Thanks!
Try a WildFIRE - hands down the most "fun to paddle" canoe ever IMHO! Much more maneuverable than any you mentioned, ideally paddled kneeling, great for a combo lake and river tripping, creekin', and joy paddling. The design was originally built by Bell but the mold was moved to NY and built by Placid and Colden before heading up to Ontario where it is now built by Swift (and beautiflly so!). They have the 2023 demo on sale right now up at Algonquin Outfitters and if I had the money I would be on my way up there now! I think this is the exact boat on sale:

MeInWildFIRE.jpg

Try a WildFIRE - hands down the most "fun to paddle" canoe ever IMHO! Much more maneuverable than any you mentioned, ideally paddled kneeling, great for a combo lake and river tripping, creekin', and joy paddling. The design was originally built by Bell but the mold was moved to NY and built by Placid and Colden before heading up to Ontario where it is now built by Swift (and beautiflly so!). They have the 2023 demo on sale right now up at Algonquin Outfitters and if I had the money I would be on my way up there now! I think this is the exact boat on sale:

View attachment 143737
Beautiful! Thanks for the tip! I went to their site but didn't see the boat listed and it looked like all their used swifts were sold anyway. If you have a direct link, please share and I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Back