• Happy Birthday, Grandma Moses (1860-1961)! 🎨🖌️🖼️

Charlie Wilson’s compare sheet

Reaction score
I have seen several references to Charlie Wilson’s compare sheet for canoes. Does anyone have a source or a copy they would share. I messaged him about it but he never responded.

Is this the one you're referring to?:

I have seen several references to Charlie Wilson’s compare sheet for canoes. Does anyone have a source or a copy they would share. I messaged him about it but he never responded.
This is one I got from him several years ago. It is a Word doc and was missing a lot of data at the time. Not sure if he has updated it since.

Attachments

Attached are two MS Word canoe compare docs that Charlie sent me in 2017. It's obviously out of date with respect to newer models since then. I imagine he's updated it if anyone can get in touch with him.

Attachments

Thanks for posting the word docs. I am slowly working on a spreadsheet "Canoe and Specs" compilation for modern (composite and plastic) canoes using info that I run across on the web. This group of Charlie's lists several that I have been unable to find the specs on. Thank you again.

Once the project is nearing completion, I plan on posting it and making it available. I say "nearing completion" because I doubt that I will ever get to list ALL of the wonderful and not-so-wonderful canoes ever produced!

For Charlie Wilson's significantly updated 2023 Compare Sheet and technical Notes on Displacement Hull Canoes, see this more recent thread:

Back