• Happy Birthday, Grandma Moses (1860-1961)! 🎨🖌️🖼️

Can i edit my posts?

Reaction score
Greetings all:
Its been a very long time since i last participated in online forums so i am a bit rusty on certain aspects.
Can i edit a post? I inadvertently double quoted someone, which really clogs up the post. I prefer to truncate any quotes for readability.
I know some forums have a time window for this purpose before it becomes “permanent.”

Should be an edit button on the lower right of the post, and yes there is a time window.
Jim
Just noticed the button is on the lower left.. I used it to edit this.

You can edit your post for 48 hours. After that, the edit button disappears. If you need to edit something after that, you need to contact me or Alan Gage and we can edit it for you if there is an important reason for doing so.

You can edit your post for 48 hours. After that, the edit button disappears. If you need to edit something after that, you need to contact me or Alan Gage and we can edit it for you if there is an important reason for doing so.
Nothing big i just noticed that i had doubly quoted the response to which i was replying and it was just extraneous text.

Its been a very long time since i last participated in online forums so i am a bit rusty on certain aspects.

Many of the site's Xenforo technical features are explained in the following thread:

I am also moving this thread to the Features, Help, Solutions and Suggestions forum.

Many thanks

You're welcome. I also deleted one of your double quotations from Memaquay in your other thread.

You probably won't make that mistake again, but keep in mind that you can preview each of your messages before you post them by pressing the Preview icon, which is in the upper right corner of the text entry box tool bar (it's like a page with a magnifying glass over it). Previewing your messages can help you proofread them to see if you have posted quotes, URLs, pictures, videos and words properly. If you want to make changes after previewing, just hit the Preview icon again and that will return you to editing mode in the text entry box.

Back