• Happy Premiere of Superman TV Series (1952)! 🔫🚂🏢

Explain Your Screen Name

On my second deployment on USS Wasp (LHD-1), at about the time that I was drawn to this forum by Alan Gage's epic Nueltin Late Quest report, some fellas started calling me Brother Oats. That name has its own long and convoluted backstory that I still can't quite make sense of, so I won't get into it here, but for some reason I didn't think that was a good enough name. So I thought back to a fella I knew with the legal first name of Stoney, which I thought was cool as heck, and decided to slap that in front of Oats and try to make up a cool backstory. Well, I never got around to the cool backstory, so here we are.

Seeker... the initiate in a vision quest, it turns out... I just knew I was looking for something, born out of an exceptionally painful chapter of my life that lost me a fortune, my faith, and pretty much stood me on my head for a couple years. Seeker fit at the time, unintentionally, and when I landed, I had changed a lot... and it still fit. So I kept it... it's my login on every forum I frequent, and the avatar records my first adult bear encounter, also my avatar in all forums.

It’s an online moniker I have gone by since I had a blog focusing on my commercial maritime career, and now gets used for my photography Instagram, and some forums. Though for shooting related forums and online groups I generally go by Tugboat Door Gunner.

Back