• Happy Collect Rocks Day! 🪨🥌💎

WTB - A decent composite solo in the southeast?

Reaction score
I just thought I'd toss out a line and see if anyone in the AL/GA/TN vicinity had a solo that they would part with. I'm ready to upgrade from a RX Vagabond that I've used for years and would like something a little more efficient in composite that would be nice on flat water.

If you have anything within a reasonable drive from North AL, I'd be all ears to hear about it.

I appreciate anyone's time for reading!

Rivercane, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

You very well may get a response here. In addition, as you may already know, you can regularly check sources such as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, SearchTempest, and the Facebook group called North American Canoe Traders.

In addition, as you may already know, you can regularly check sources such as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, SearchTempest, and the Facebook group called North American Canoe Traders.

There are quite a few canoes on eBay as well, I got a nice deal on a Mohawk XL14 a couple of years ago. If you are after a specific model you can set up a search with notifications. I did that for the XL14, took a few months for one to show up.

I appreciate the welcome and the advice y'all!

I've been scouring the local Craigslist and Marketplace. It's a real dry zone here for paddlecraft unless you want a SOT kayak.

But imma tryin'!

I appreciate the welcome and the advice y'all!

I've been scouring the local Craigslist and Marketplace. It's a real dry zone here for paddlecraft unless you want a SOT kayak.

But imma tryin'!

I feel your pain. I know there are good boats scattered through Florida, but I sure never see any of them. I only see kayaks on the water, unless someone rents a canoe from the two rental places at the head of the Wacissa River.

I feel your pain. I know there are good boats scattered through Florida, but I sure never see any of them. I only see kayaks on the water, unless someone rents a canoe from the two rental places at the head of the Wacissa River.
Same here!

I was mostly fine until I went to Knoxville over the weekend and got to see and touch and smell new Northstar, Swift, and Wenonah composite canoes. There's a dealer there that keeps them in stock. My credit card was smoking in my pocket lol

I can relate. It took me two years of looking to find my Northwind Solo in Florida. Kayaks as far as the eye can see around here, too.

I found mine on the Facebook group "North American Canoe Trader". People post For Sale ads they see in various places of good quality canoes. Most are in the Northeast or Midwest, but occasionally there is one in the Southeast.

You do have to be ready to jump at the opportunity when it presents itself. The guy that sold me my canoe said he had three other people interested if I didn't want it.

On the Facebook group "Northstar Northwind Solo User Group" there is a NW Solo for sale in LIttle Rock, Arkansas. That may be a bit of a haul for you, but that is the closest one I've seen online so far.

Back