• Happy Birthday, Grandma Moses (1860-1961)! 🎨🖌️🖼️

Web Seat Comfort

I can use the back holes. I’d need to attach the front of the NS seat as it’s narrower. I think you’re right, this may be too risky and I want to use the canoe.
If you want to use the Northstar seat, maybe you could mount two side rails to it, and use the existing mounting locations in the boat? That way you aren’t modifying the seat itself, just the two strips you add (to get the hole position and angle right). It would raise you up a bit, though, unless you actually put those pieces on top, and added spacers.

If you want to use the Northstar seat, maybe you could mount two side rails to it, and use the existing mounting locations in the boat? That way you aren’t modifying the seat itself, just the two strips you add (to get the hole position and angle right). It would raise you up a bit, though, unless you actually put those pieces on top, and added spacers.
I did entertain that idea. Don’t really want the seat higher. A 1/8” piece of aluminum was another thought. Use a chamfer from the bottom and attach the NS seat with flush fitting bolts on the front rail. Alas, my brain got sore and I reckon that will be a last resort after I exhaust padding options. Putting the rail on top with spacers is an idea I didn’t consider, thanks.

Last edited:
Back