• Happy Publication of "Star Spangled Banner" (1814)! 🚀💣🇺🇸

Pat Moore Mold

Reaction score
Hello, I dugout another Pat Moore Mold over the weekend and wash off some of the 20 plus year South Carolina sand. It took several hours to get the cedar strip plug out of the mold. It was really wedged in there after 20 years. I unfortunately damaged the mold some so repairs will have to take place before I can make my first canoe. It looks like it will be fun to make and paddle. I don’t know if it’s the Reverie II or Andante? I am hoping for Andante because I can’t seem to find one in existence but either way it will be a great learning experience. Thanks Dustin

HISTORICAL CANOES
Reverie II
12’6” 17 11 15.5 CF
25 25 24.5
Andante
CF 12’6” 17 11 15.5
25 25 24.5
diff. rock

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpeg
    IMG_0722.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0723.jpeg
    IMG_0723.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 9
I dugout another Pat Moore Mold over the weekend and wash off some of the 20 plus year South Carolina sand. It took several hours to get the cedar strip plug out of the mold. It was really wedged in there after 20 years.

Dustin, it's wonderful that you are reviving these historical Pat Moore canoes. I'm curious about your comments above. Why was the plug inside the mold, and why were both buried in South Carolina sand for 20 years? Moore never made canoes in South Carolina, did he?

Dustin, it's wonderful that you are reviving these historical Pat Moore canoes. I'm curious about your comments above. Why was the plug inside the mold, and why were both buried in South Carolina sand for 20 years? Moore never made canoes in South Carolina, did he?
Hello Glenn, Sorry for the delay, my internet has been on the fritz. Finding info on Pat and his boats has been very hard. I am being told he did mover operations to SC towards the end. The molds have the plugs stored in them to keep shape. It is good that they are in there because it has kept them in good shape all these years. If I would not have cracked the stern stem the mold would have been ready to use with a little wax. Now I will have to repair that crack and then we will be good to go. I will keep everyone posted on the progress. Thanks

Back