• Happy Founding of Disney Bros. Cartoon Studio (1923)! 📽️🐭

More grocery store options.

I find that may be difficult for the gut to accept nutrition in infrequent waves, particularly during high energy requirement long distance paddling race events. As I have said, I provided main meal (breakfast and dinner) high calorie dehydrated meals for my team during marathon Yukon River races, but each individual was responsible for their own intermediate snacks and lunch during the long hours of the day (and "night"). I came to realize my stomach and muscles needed frequent input of lighter faire that the gut could tolerate. I found that cherries were in season and very available in local Whitehorse markets at race time. Snack sausages seemed very popular as well. So I would mount a bowl of cherries on the bow deck where I could easily reach to grab one or two every few minutes. Every hour to 90 minutes or so, something more and different is desirable. A small link of fatty summer sausage, another kind of cut fresh fruit, or a candy bar. Others liked to down a boiled egg or a boiled potato. Another team who traveled with us bought a whole pizza before race start to take and snack on during the first day.

On Lake Laberge:
blT0Nbc.jpg
Looks pretty choppy. Cherries don't end up in the water? What are you paddling? Hard to tell what it is.
I knew a cyclist that stuck gummies to his top tube so they were easy to access.

Done a lot of endurance sports…marathons and triathlons.

Carbs and sugars for quick energy. People in Ironman triathlons will slam handfuls of plain potato chips and wash it down with a Coca-Cola. Need that salt, carbs and sugar.

Back on topic… anyone try some MRE’s? What’s good and wheres the best place to get them? Figured they pack well, keep long time and don’t require water like freeze dried meals do. When backpacking water can be scarce.

Looks pretty choppy. Cherries don't end up in the water? What are you paddling? Hard to tell what it is.
I have raced a 34' carbon voyageur canoe, a 28' cedarstrip voyageur canoe, each with 7 paddlers, and 23' C4 canoes on the Yukon, all with fresh cherry snacks in front of my bow navigation seat, I think this photo is from the 34' voyageur. If you think that looks choppy, you should have seen the three complete weather changes with thunder storms that we encountered during the 35 mile six hour passage down the length of Lake Labrerge. The only cherries that hiit the water were the pits that I spit out.

This photo is easier to tell it is from another year in the cedarstrip in somewhat calmer water:
LBQgUyu.jpg

Honey Stinger waffles are popular with cyclist.
I like them because they fit flat in my jersey pocket and are pretty tasty.
I like
Done a lot of endurance sports…marathons and triathlons.

Carbs and sugars for quick energy. People in Ironman triathlons will slam handfuls of plain potato chips and wash it down with a Coca-Cola. Need that salt, carbs and sugar.

Back on topic… anyone try some MRE’s? What’s good and wheres the best place to get them? Figured they pack well, keep long time and don’t require water like freeze dried meals do. When backpacking water can be scarce.
I think I looked at MREs and they were expensive as heck. I'm waiting for a foldup, solar/battery powered microwave oven.

Back