• Happy Birthday, Grandma Moses (1860-1961)! 🎨🖌️🖼️

Greetings, and a Bell layup question.

Well, the Wildfire is certainly a sweet ride! I'm in love with it already, but I'm thinking that - just like my Guide before it - it will be even better with a foam saddle and thigh straps.

Alright, so I'm trying to decide whether to install a saddle or just add knee pads and thigh straps. In the meantime, my biggest question is what to use for fixing these additions to the inside of the hull. G-flex? Or contact cement. I'm thinking contact cement would hold well enough but be removable if someone wishes to in the future. For instance, if I need to replace worn out knee pads.

Also wondering which will be lighter - seat or saddle? And what about the Hemlock bucket seat?

I guess if I weren’t sure what I wanted or where I’d use contact cement. G-flex seems to be a go-to solution for more permanent outfitting.

I guess if I weren’t sure what I wanted or where I’d use contact cement. G-flex seems to be a go-to solution for more permanent outfitting.

Yeah, I'm thinking G-flex for the anchor patches and contact cement for the kneepads. I think I'll paddle it with my portable saddle/kneepad combo for a bit before I make any permanent attachments.

Back