• Happy National Cheeseburger Day! 🍔

Fulfilled Dreams and Revisiting the Favorites.

Reaction score
I have done a lot of canoeing in the last 64 years, and plenty of outdoor trips having an outdoor career. I will never make it to the Barren Grounds or paddle an Alaskan river. That is okay because there have been so many great trips.

I have sold my last canoe and the fishing boat. I am down to only one boat, an aluminum drift boat.

I am buying a larger travel trailer that can handle winter conditions. The National Parks are loved to death. I want to go visit my favorite places while I am still ambulatory and have good vision. Places like Yellowstone, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, eastern Washington, little know place in Colorado and the mountains of New Mexico. We will be going in the off season to the popular places. The desert in winter. Boondocking near nothing in the summer. My bucket list is as full as it is gong to get. The pressure is off. Now to go see all the favorites while there is still time.

I have been a Road Warrior since 1965. Old junker cars, a bed roll and a box of tools going down the road. I had visited all of the Lower 48 states by the age of about 25. More than 10 trips to Alaska. There is no bucket list. But I relish the thought of visiting the great places again. I really like BC and Alberta.

I will be trying to recapture the magic of the first big road trip. Driving out to California from the East Coast in 1969 in a 1957 Chevy on Route 66 to go surfing for the summer. Yippee.

Thank you ppine. The credit really goes to all the fine folks that make this forum so refreshing and welcome.

Back