• Happy Birthday, Marilyn Monroe (1926-62)! 🎥⭐👩🏼👄👠👗

Sailing Old Town Photos

Reaction score
Hello! If anyone has a sailing Old Town Penobscot, Tripper, or Camper - could I trouble you to take pictures of the setup in side and share them? I am redoing a sailing Penobscot and have removed all of the wood for sanding / varnish - before I do any reinstall I would love to see how they have been installed in other Royalex Old Towns. This one had no spacers on the front seat, and the bracket that connects the front seat with the mast insert on the floor of the canoe (and the insert itself) are missing, so I will need to either buy a new one or fabricate.

In any case, seeing pictures of others will be very helpful in giving ideas. Thanks!

Hello! If anyone has a sailing Old Town Penobscot, Tripper, or Camper - could I trouble you to take pictures of the setup in side and share them? I am redoing a sailing Penobscot and have removed all of the wood for sanding / varnish - before I do any reinstall I would love to see how they have been installed in other Royalex Old Towns. This one had no spacers on the front seat, and the bracket that connects the front seat with the mast insert on the floor of the canoe (and the insert itself) are missing, so I will need to either buy a new one or fabricate.

In any case, seeing pictures of others will be very helpful in giving ideas. Thanks!
I just bought on that does not have a mast or sail but will take some pics later of the inside and that parts that came with it. Sending this now so i don't have to search for your post later

Here are some pics of my old town sailing canoe. I bought it at a yard sale planning to clean up the repairs and sell it. No mast or sail and I'll probably sell it without the sailing gear

Attachments

• yard sale canoe6.jpg
    yard sale canoe6.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 10
  • yard sale canoe7.jpg
    yard sale canoe7.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 10
  • yard sale canoe8.jpg
    yard sale canoe8.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10
Here are some pics of my old town sailing canoe. I bought it at a yard sale planning to clean up the repairs and sell it. No mast or sail and I'll probably sell it without the sailing gear
This is helpful, THANKS!!! Interesting to see the the insert through the middle of the front seat...

The fastest I have even gone in a canoe was on the Upper Missouri River in Montana. We had about a 5 knot current and a strong nw wind at our backs. I pulled out a flannel bed sheet and we loosely tied two boats together with the sheet between us. All we had to do was steer and there were rooster tails behind both boats. I am guessing 13-15 knots over ground.

Back