• Happy Birthday, Marilyn Monroe (1926-62)! 🎥⭐👩🏼👄👠👗

Restored Chestnut Bobs with sail kit ***SOLD***

Reaction score
New restoration, 1960's Chestnut Bobs, 15' x 36", comes with sail kit. New #12 canvas, epifanes varnish/paint, new sail. $1900
Don't let the width fool you, lean it over and she fly"s, stand up in it and pole/fly fish. 57lbs

DSC02736.JPG

DSC02747.JPG

DSC02756.JPG

DSC02750.JPG

DSC02752.JPG

Why things like that are not closer to me, I would take it away from you right now!!

That looks cool (not a comment about the season). But no thanks from me. I'm a skilled small boat sailor (racer, instructor), but after sailing a Grumman a few times I've learned that unnatural acts should be avoided.

My what a gorgeous boat. Beautiful work, sir. Its a good thing I'm a long way away - I wouldn't be able to pass that one up.

That's a beauty Robin, and a good price for sure. Is the restoration your handy work? Nice job to whoever restored it.

Gorgeous. My wife likes it too. She said she'll check her lottery ticket. She wasn't kidding.
I hope you sell it soon; but if that were mine to sell, I'd run my hands over the decks, gunnels and hull, and think a long while. I'd try to store up some memory of such a fine craft before I let her go. That'll make a beautiful cottage canoe for somebody. Seeing it under sail would be a treat!

That's a beauty Robin, and a good price for sure. Is the restoration your handy work? Nice job to whoever restored it.

Thanks Dennis, I picked this up in Nova Scotia when I picked up my Chum there also. I paid alot for a canoe needing restoration, but all the wood work was very good, just strip the varnish, add the new canvas and fill and paint/varnish, and it came with the sailkit, but no sail. This sail is brand new. It also came with 2 Chestnut paddles which are pretty hard to find and I'm keeping them.

That sure is purty!

The Canadian came with an original sailing rig as well and the Morris at one time had a mast foot in it too. Sailing canoes have been around for a century or more, certainly not an unnatural act.

Not only is that gorgeous, at 57lbs it is still lighter than my tandem.
It's a good thing there is an International boarder between us or Bev and I would be having a rather serious conversation about just where I am planning on storing another canoe.

Back