• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

New Footbrace for Swiftie

Reaction score
Installed the carbon fiber footbrace. The craftsmanship of this Swift boat sure stands out. I’ve always owned aluminum trim. Test drive Thursday when the wind subsides. Gonna take the phoenix for the wife.
IMG_2023.jpegIMG_2029.jpeg

Last edited:
BF, how is it attached to the hull? Glue? If so, do you know what kind? This has been a question asked several times over the years for both composite and plastic hulls that owners don't want to pop rivet.

It’s a two part fast drying cement. If it ever comes off, I’ll be sure to complain. The curve on the carbon piece isn’t exact, especially if there’s a rib. It comes with a mixing nozzle to fill any gap. I hold it on until it dries, then attach the nozzle and put a bead along top. I’m the worlds worst caulker so it could probably look more finished.

Last edited:
It’s a two part fast drying cement. If it ever comes off, I’ll be sure to complain. The curve on the carbon piece isn’t exact, especially if there’s a rib. It comes with a mixing nozzle to fill any gap. I hold it on until it dries, then attach the nozzle and put a bead along top. I’m the worlds worst caulker so it could probably look more finished.
That looks like the foot brace from Northstar Canoes. Nearly three years ago, I installed the same foot brace on my Northwind Solo using the epoxy glue included in the kit. The foot brace works excellently. I have put it through heavy use, and the glue shows no signs of failure.

One more project for the Swifty; it needs waterproof lining holes. With the rivers I’m going to use it on, this should save wear and tear on the hull. Just gotta mark the unloaded waterline to get started.

Back