• Happy Birthday, Marilyn Monroe (1926-62)! 🎥⭐👩🏼👄👠👗

Hello from Pittsburgh!

Reaction score
Pumped to absorb all the information and expertise that I can. Relatively new to the canoe world. Started this new hobby with my husband almost a year ago. Didn’t quite understand his obsession until we went on a whitewater canoe tour and now I can’t get canoeing out of my mind. We have three little ones at home so hoping to get them as involved as we can. Any advice on kid management in a canoe would be great. Nature is awesome. Ready for the next trip.

Hello @Kharrick

then this "canoe virus" has caught you too. It's not so bad, many people have it and cope well with it. ;)
Regarding your question about information on how and what to do with children in a canoe, I can recommend Jim Braid's YouTube channel. He and his wife do a lot of tours with their children, including big ones. Take a look - it's worth it!

Best regards
Michael

Last edited:
Kharrick, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

There are those among us whose spouses do not participate in the sport, and those whose spouses do. The latter group seems to have less spousal "explaining" to do.

Young kids love canoeing and canoe camping. They eventually want their own boats. Then they often change interests in teen and young adult years. But later they return. They eventually become grandparents who lovingly try to pass on the joys and skills of canoeing that they fondly experienced as young kids on family trips. Lots of such grandparents here, and I hope this place is still up and running 50 years from now populated by the young children of our members.

Canoeing has been around for 10,000 years. That's longer than golf.

Back