• Happy National Rocky Road Day! 🪨 🇪 🛣️🍨

Photo of the day

Bent, I envy you and your trip. Spring and fall, my favorite tripping time. Me, I am currently on medical hold for a month so no spring trip this year.

Om
Wow, the sky and water expanses in that first photo are stunning. Is that a lake, a river or an ocean fjord?
Hi Glenn.
These are both in the ocean. The one with the dramatic clouds is in a fjord (which always means it's in the ocean for those who didn't know) and the other one is on an island just outside where I live. You could argue that both are fjords but the Vestfjord in the second picture is more an ocean-area than an actual fjord because it's so open and big.
I just received a call from a fisherman that I know. He told me that there had been killer whales in the hundreds in the area I was. I didn't see any and I'm fine with that. They are not supposed to be dangerous, most of the time. But they are very curious about things so who knows.

Last edited:
Anticipation is the greatest joy. 😍

P1020271.jpg . P1020272.jpg . P1020273.jpg

I'm currently preparing for the upcoming 10-day-canoe-trip. Including "Wilmas test packing".
It's just a shame that the weather will be so changeable - you'll have to pack for warm and cold weather conditions.
It means - a lot of Gear to pack.

P1020275.jpg . P1020276.jpg . P1020277.jpg . P1020278.jpg

We leave on Friday, and I'm really looking forward to it.

regards
Michael

In the north-east of Germany, far above Berlin, there is a region called the “Uckermark Lake District”
There are many small and medium-sized lakes that are connected by a canal system. A truly beautiful, unspoiled landscape with many protected natural areas and for the most part, motorized boats are not allowed there.

Tour-Übersichtkarte.png

As this is not a flowing body of water, we will aim for a daily mileage of +- 20km ... We don't want the whole thing to turn into stress.
The only stress for me will be the journey of over 650km ... up to this area.

regards
Michael

Last edited:
Thanks Glenn! NOC provided us with an Esquif Prospecteur 16. We paddled the Little Tennessee River which is mostly swifts and class I but we did get to have some fun with a couple class II ledges.

Instructor’s name is William Dupree. He was awesome. Would recommend.
I took a private lesson or two from William Dupree a year or two ago. I agreed. He was an excellent teacher.

You are a lucky man. I'd rather paddle bow but it's rare that any of my paddling partners want to take stern. I think bow is more interesting than stern but maybe that's just because it's unique (for me).

Alan
My strong preference is for stern, so if we ever get into the same area, we can paddle tandem. :)

Back