• Happy National Apple Day! 🍎

Waterproof case that holds phone and wallet?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Can anyone recommend a waterproof case that holds both phone and wallet? I have one that can fit one of these but not both. will use it in canoe and fishing packs.
Thanks!

I use a small dry bag. The ends loop easily over a thwart and lock so if there is a spill the items are secured to the canoe. The photos do not show it well, but if you look closely you can see the dry bag attached in front of the paddler's position (green in one case, yellow in the other).

Attachments

• DSCN1014 (2).JPG
    DSCN1014 (2).JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 25
  • GOPR0058.JPG
    GOPR0058.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
The Yeti sidekick is amazing. Perhaps a little oversized for just a wallet and phone but couldn't be easier for one-handed access.

I use a small dry bag. The ends loop easily over a thwart and lock so if there is a spill the items are secured to the canoe.

I tried that on a trip and ended up with a ruined microphone/recorder. Maybe there was a fault in the bag but I believe moisture wicked through the folds and into the bag. It had been in place for a few days and had paddled through plenty of rain. Probably not an issue on day trips.

Alan

The Yeti sidekick is amazing. Perhaps a little oversized for just a wallet and phone but couldn't be easier for one-handed access.

I saw you mention it before so when I saw one at a store the other day so I stopped to try it out. It certainly does appear to be a handy design. It must work but it doesn't look like it should.

Alan

I like the pelican case as well. They come in different sizes, and have a rubber liner. I usually also carry a 10000 mah battery pack in it. If the seal is clean, it's almost guaranteed water proof. Also it is easy to tye on loops or put on key rings ,because of a plastic bar and teather loop. I have two depending trip requirements

I use this Waterproof Phone Pouch style. I carry my phone in my pants' cargo pocket where it has taken several dunking and has stayed dry. Soft-sided, so if you only need water protection this would work. A case would protect it from beatings, of course.

Last edited:
I use either a ziploc bag or a aloksak in the appropriate size. They usually live in a thwart bag, so no worries about getting crushed.

another vote for the hard case- I have an otterbox one that holds my phone, gps, and car key. that way they can live in the bottom of my drybag with no worries, and there are waterproof bluetooth headsets if you need to keep in contact

The start of any good trip for me is when I put my wallet and car keys in the bottom of my personal dry bag. (the two things that I know I won't need until the trip ends. I use my phone for pictures, among other things, so I keep it readily accessible either in my PFD pocket or pants pocket. I do have a small waterproof case for it that I can use if I thought I needed it.

I used a little Pelican case for awhile but kind of bulky.

I carry phone, walket ,keys, battery pack and a journal in there.

I since replaced it with a UGO Wear waterproof case. Can just clip the strap to the thwart and use my phone through the clear plastic (view map/gps). Kind of expensive however and time will tell how durable it is. This is its 2nd season and holding up fine.

I usually store my wallet, phone and keys in a small nylon bag that is then placed into my 5-gallon bucket with a watertight screw-on Gamma lid. It keeps them dry, and allows me easy access to them, along with the bug dope, sunscreen, glasses, TP, rain poncho, first aid kit, duct tape, multi-tool and other various items that I want easy access to without having to open and root through a dry bag. You can see one of my buckets (yellow with a green lid) behind me on my profile pic.

I always put my wallet and keys in a good quality ziplock baggie, and put it in my thwart bagCompress_20240829_191953_3600.jpg
It's not really water proof, but it is water resistant. It would take on heck of a beating to loose it or it's contents. I take it every time I go out with any of the canoes.

I use my cell phone for pictures and videos. I need a good cell phone bag like the Aquapac that Modified Ottertail posted about. Thank you for the link MO.

That's cool what patches are those? And how did you attach them?
Here's a picture from local river that I was on last week.Compress_20240829_225308_8368.jpg
I made the thwart bag several years ago. The patches are seen on. The bag zipper under is the flap. I cut a plastic cutting board and put it in the bottom of the bag so it's wider and maintained it's shape. The bag is heavy canvas.

Back