• Happy Birthday, Grandma Moses (1860-1961)! 🎨🖌️🖼️

The 7 Best All-Inclusive Canoe Trips In Minnesota

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Guided trips are perfect for novices, families and individuals looking to join a group. But these all-inclusive getaways also offer a pampered alternative to roughing it for more seasoned canoe trippers. Say goodbye to freeze-dried meals; treat yourself to the luxury of being wined and dined on a fully outfitted trip."

These links to paddlingmag.com are not my cup of Lapsang souchong tea. If I wanted to read their fluff articles of semi-disguised advertising I would have them readily displayed on my favorites page next to canoetripping.com.

I don't mind the links so much as I'd, otherwise, never see how "the other half" lives and I can, therefore, appreciate more fully what I have. I trip solo for many reasons but chief among them is to just unplug and be alone.

I might go back and read the article (but probably not). At first glance, I think being on any one of these trips might be even worse than being trapped at sea on a cruise ship full of city people.

It's been a while but if I wanted to experience MN wilderness without the commercial aspect and still be able to take a bottle with me, I'd go back to the Bigfork River again.

if I wanted to experience MN wilderness without the commercial aspect and still be able to take a bottle with me, I'd go back to the Bigfork River again.

I doubt it's changed much since you were on it last. Great river.

20200817_003 by Alan, on Flickr

Alan

Back