• Happy Birthday, Grandma Moses (1860-1961)! 🎨🖌️🖼️

Prospector in Whitewater/Ollie Sandeman Video

He's a very good paddler, but would have even more boat and heeling control with thigh straps. I would've liked to have seen him try to run the gates.

He must be a fairly tall guy. I was never able to paddle the Prospector solo as well as I could pole it. But I do miss that big green Prospector.

Some great paddling there, but I'd also like to know how that first video was filmed. Maybe some impressive drone piloting as well?

Wow - that first video is pretty amazing. Some big leans up and out over the gunwales to pull that boat around.

My usual response to paddling whitewater solo in a big tandem is "why?" He does it with style. Not sure which is more impressive - this guy or the kid in the Waterwalker movie who is just kneeling in the middle of an empty boat.

With the necessary technology, which he now demonstrably has, he can also drive a prospector well through wild water.

Last edited:
what certainly also speaks in favor of such a canoe handle is that it is not afraid of getting wet or even capsizing. He it is very light and loose in the hips and very supple. You can see the fun he has doing it!

Like these guys too ...

Last edited:
Wow - that first video is pretty amazing. Some big leans up and out over the gunwales to pull that boat around.

My usual response to paddling whitewater solo in a big tandem is "why?" He does it with style. Not sure which is more impressive - this guy or the kid in the Waterwalker movie who is just kneeling in the middle of an empty boat.

Those are two very different kinds of whitewater. The kid is primarily handling big waves with a lot of back paddle. The first paddler can use more forward paddle and has to worry about dodging all the obstacles.

I personally couldn’t even dream of either run.

Back