• Happy Birthday, Chuck Berry (1926-2017)! 🎸

New Member w/17’ Lund

Reaction score
Just an intro, new to forum, haven’t actively canoed since lates 70’s. Mentioned to a in-law I was thinking about getting one to fish from, he said I could have his. It’s a 1971 Lund 17’ and there is very little info on Lund canoes out there so I’m digging/researching repairs/restoration and came across this site. Pretty kool place so far..

Yes I know it’s an old beat up aluminum canoe that was beat badly but it floats and it’s a Lund. (In Minnesota, Lund is like the state boat). It has some “name” recognition to me, kinda like John Deer tractors.. 😎😎😎

Bottom line, I aim to have fun and learn from you all.

Thanks

Rod in MN

Rod, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Many of us were introduced to canoeing in aluminum canoes. Some but not all of us may have moved on to other canoes for specific purposes or to lighten weight. As for tractors, I've had three Kubotas.

Welcome. Nothing wrong with aluminum. If it floats & suits your needs, that's all that matters. Of course, if it doesn't float, many here can lend advice on how to remedy that and, if it gets to the point that you outgrow it, we'll happily help spend your money on an upgrade.

Personally, I'd be surprised if Lund is comparable to John Deere though... green paint is expensive! Maybe Allis Chalmers... reliable, no frills, just solid tractors (whose implements won't interchange with any other manufacturer's :rolleyes:)

Sorry in delay, thank you for the welcomes. Just got it home today.. And yes, I will have fun and make good memories cause that’s all that really matters. Already takes me back to doing the BWCA in the 70’s… ✌️

IMG_6271.jpeg

Back