• Happy National Cheeseburger Day! 🍔

Looking for input on an 18' Sawyer Outrage, kevlar

Reaction score
I just landed a sweet deal on a mint condition Sawyer. It's older, 1982 I believe. Always garage kept.
Here's how I stumbled upon this boat.
My sister lives in Florida and we drive down from Pgh to visit her once a year. We haul our canoe down each time but this trip we wanted to try taking the Auto Train and the height of our vehicle with the canoe is too high for the train to accept. So I asked my sister if she knew anyone that would lend/rent us a canoe when we come down. She asked the neighbor and lo and behold he had this Sawyer that he's lend us or "make a heck of a deal" if we wanted to buy it.
$400 later and it's now ours. Haven't seen it in person yet but my sister says it looks brand new.
Kevlar, 46 pounds, tractor seats, sliding bow seat, stern foot brace. He's throwing in some extras too.
He also has 2 custom made Fletcher paddles that he wants $50 and he'll include inflatable PFDs. I wasn't interested in some of the stuff but he wants to get rid of it all. Who sells a kevlar canoe for only $400?
Does anyone have more details on the 18" Outrage?

Sis didn't send any pics of the outside of the hull but she says it's almost flawless.
42824.jpeg42868.jpeg42877.jpeg42881.jpeg

I just landed a sweet deal on a mint condition Sawyer.

That's a very sweet deal, especially for its condition.

Who sells a kevlar canoe for only $400?

I can only guess it's someone who no longer has any use for the canoe, if he ever did, and absolutely wants to get rid of the bulk from his house. You would think with all the water in Florida that there would be a big market for used canoes. That used to be the case 40 or 50 years ago, but now most everyone is buying rec kayaks, sit-on-tops and paddle boards.

Does anyone have more details on the 18" Outrage?

I don't have any personal knowledge, but it seems to have been designed as a citizen's racer and I did find this early '80's catalog page, which has a description and specs.

Sawyer Outrage.JPG

Back