• Happy Birthday, Grandma Moses (1860-1961)! 🎨🖌️🖼️

Due to bad health, selling We No Nah Rendezvous (retired), along with paddles and many tripping items.

Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m doing this right, but giving it a shot.
For more than two years, I’ve been dreaming of getting a canoe and tripping in the west, BWCA, and my old haunts in the ADK. Having purchased a new Rendezvous in 2022, only being on flat water and a short river, my health dictates that I let go of my canoeing aspirations. Everything’s for sale, though I don’t know what to ask for the canoe, or the package, which I have listed on the attached pdf. If anyone has suggestions, I’m all eyes and ears. Maybe mid-summer’s not the time to sell. Maybe I should wait for spring? Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

All very good deals IMHO. Wish you were closer, I'd take several items. Condolences for not being able to use it. My time is coming.

That is quite the package. I am sorry to hear that you are in such a difficult position.

Spring is definitely a better time for sellers, at least over the past few years. I have noticed a significant cooling of the market as late, with sales taking longer and prices significantly lower than last year.

It seems that 80% of new is a common starting point for lightly used boats, with gear being a bit lower in margin. You can find sales higher and lower. Set your price and don't get antsy too quickly.

Being so far from traditional "canoe country" will exacerbate the sale price and time variables. For instance, I am interested in everything listed, but the market price point is too high to justify the days off work and travel expenses associated with a road trip to Colorado from Indiana.

You may get a lot of requests to split things out, determine ahead of time what you think would be worth the time and effort to break into smaller sales.

In any case, best of luck with your sale, and again, I am sorry it is happening under those circumstances.

Being so far from traditional "canoe country" will exacerbate the sale price and time variables. For instance, I am interested in everything listed, but the market price point is too high to justify the days off work and travel expenses associated with a road trip to Colorado from Indiana.
Tryin’, Thanks much for the pricing info, and supporting a spring sale idea. That’s a help. Since I’ve been meaning to visit Bloomington, my home town, and I have friends near Indy…hmmm, what if I made a road trip? Just a thought (wish) ;-)

First of all, I'm sorry about your health, Nomad. And giving up the dream has got to hurt.

That Rendezvous is beautiful and should sell easily, perhaps next spring. But there may be a buyer willing to snap it up even now.

Thank you all for your concern and thoughts.
You’re a good group, or forum, if that’s a better word. For more than 2 years I’ve been reading your posts, going back a year or more sometimes on certain threads. learning about your ideas, personalities (some of you are real characters), watching out for each other, having all sorts of stories…it’s been a real treat getting to know you folks and your world of canoe tripping. Spending many hours watching videos on the subject, I was getting eager to take some trips. I don’t mind saying, it’s discouraging to get ready to launch, and have to quit. Enjoy your trips and memories.

Back