• Happy Premiere of Superman TV Series (1952)! 🔫🚂🏢

DIY seat risers

Reaction score
I have a couple solo canoes that have pedestal tractor style seats in them and I was looking to put some kind of spacer in the back to give me a bit of a forward lean. Has anyone made such a thing and what did you make them out of? Thanks!!

You can buy nylon spacers in various diameters and lengths from most hardware stores and big box stores. I don’t know how the seat is attached so it is able to adjust but maybe those spacers could help.
Jim

Is that seat pan held on the slider rail just by friction, or can you tighten something so the seat pan is fixed in place? That may affect the decision to raise the rear just of the pan, or of the top slider rail, or of the entire assembly off the floor.

I suppose a different approach to raising anything below the pan would be to build up the top back of the seat pan itself with a shaped wedge of minicel foam, which would create a more sloped seating surface. That may raise your COG a bit.

I'm just looking to raise the rear of the slider rail 1/2" to 3/4", the rails are bolted to the pedestal. It is a sliding seat that has a clamp to keep it in place, so it can't go farther back. I can't imagine " friction" holding a sliding seat in place. The entire assembly is epoxied to the hull of the canoe.

I'm just looking to raise the rear of the slider rail 1/2" to 3/4", the rails are bolted to the pedestal. It is a sliding seat that has a clamp to keep it in place, so it can't go farther back. I can't imagine " friction" holding a sliding seat in place. The entire assembly is epoxied to the hull of the canoe.
Use barbell clamps to secure the slider. Newer Wenonah come standard with them. Hose clamps if you're cheap and don't need to adjust them on the fly.

I'd just add some nylon washers. My local Ace Hardware has them in varying thicknesses.

If I remember correctly those rails just unscrew with a philiips head. Should be pretty simple to install and undue if you don't like it.

Alan

Back