• Happy Premiere of Superman TV Series (1952)! 🔫🚂🏢

A La Mer du Nord 2025

Reaction score
(I will post updates as the story develops for those who don’t have a Facebook account)

In the summer of 2025, a brigade of adventurers will embark on a crazy adventure: trekking aboard cedar canoes the 1200 km of the ancestral Route des Furrures, from Tadoussac to James Bay. To learn everything about the expedition, from the construction of the boats to the recruitment of participants to the historical investigation to find a forgotten path, follow us on this page!
The first three canoes of the à la Mer du Nord expedition come to life in the workshop of Rodrigue Pelchat, bearer of a know-how rooted in the history of Saint-Félicien.
IMG_4858.jpeg

We introduce you to Rodrigue Pelchat, builder of the boats of the expedition To the North Sea. His know-how has long roots in the history of Lake Saint-Jean: he learned the trade very young from foreman Roger Jacques (who you will meet soon! ), who learned it himself from Lionel Tremblay, the father of the legendary "Tremblay canoes". Take a look. Listen up. There is history in those gestures.

***Thanks to MRC Domaine-du-Roy and Ville de Saint-Félicien whose financial support allowed the start of the project A la Mer du Nord.[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
What a great story, I'll be looking forward to the rest of the story. Thanks for posting.

Like Boatman53, I have no social media accounts … appreciate the ability to follow this story here. Thanks Robin 👍

Like Boatman53, I have no social media accounts … appreciate the ability to follow this story here. Thanks Robin 👍
This is all posted in French but FB can translate it, I have lots of free time to do that …haha.
There is a nice video but I can’t figure out how to attach it here. It’s in French, but us wood canvas guys all speak the same language anyway, it’s pretty interesting.

As far as I know, you don't have to be a member of Facebook to see "shared with public" posts and videos. The FB post/video in question has a public symbol (a world icon) next to the date. Still, I couldn't embed the video directly here or via the Media icon in the text entry box. I had to use the Insert Link icon and give a name to the URL of the Facebook page.

When I look at my link logged out of Facebook, I see what Gamma reports: a big box asking me to log in or join FB. If I X out that box, I can see the FB post/video I linked. I assume that's because it's public.

Back