• Happy Birthday, Physicist Niels Bohr (1885-1962)! ⚛️🏅

Recent content by Robin

  1. Robin

    3 Days in the Sylvania

    Nice, like Snapper I noticed your Peak 1 stove, an old friend.
  2. Robin

    L.L.Bean no longer sells, canoes, kayaks, paddles, PFDs or canoe accessories

    Here in mid coast Maine we have a nice outdoor store very similar to LL Bean but smaller called Maine Sport Outfitters. They still sell canoes, they have a decent pond to test paddle and the last time I was there they had a very knowledgeable sales person who knew canoes. I think they do a good...
  3. Robin

    Light Weight Prospector 16 stripper build

    I know very little about stripper builds but I really like Chestnut canoes, especially Prospectors and Cruisers. That second picture looks so nice, really looking forward to your progress. Thanks for posting, interesting.
  4. Robin

    Snow Trekker 9 x 11.5 shortwall for sale

    Great fall/spring canoe tent, excellent winter tent and great time to sell it.
  5. Robin

    Day Tripping in the Adirondacks - Henderson Lake, Boreas Ponds, Forked Lake

    Thanks for sharing your trip, beautiful pictures.
  6. Robin

    Kidney Pond, Baxter State Park, Maine

    Yes, I believe this is Katahdin on the right. Thanks, I was happy to learn after my lay off that I can still paddle that 14’ Chestnut pretty much all day without tiring out, getting out at the end had its own issues.
  7. Robin

    Kidney Pond, Baxter State Park, Maine

    I just spent 3 nights at a cabin on Kidney Pond in Baxter State Park, Maine. I spent many hours drinking tea on the front porch, flailing my fly rod for elusive brook trout and just plain doing what I do at home these days, taking it easy. Kidney Pond is a beautiful spot, just not big enough to...
  8. Robin

    Is Low's Lake Crowded Near the End of September?

    If the weather is decent, you can probably expect some company, but it’s all paddlers, no motor boats. An early start and head to the western end you might be surprised. Then again, I read about all these modern canoes and how fast they are what with bent shafts and double blades, it might seem...
  9. Robin

    The Elusive Dri-Ki Woodworking Paddle

    I enjoyed your write up Riffle Raff, I only use ash Beavertails with my wood canvas canoes. I never found the added weight to be an issue. I too like the narrow shaft on my paddles. I bought a couple from a canoe restorer who bought a bulk purchase from a camp in Maine, he said they were...
  10. Robin

    Almost ten years

    Not me, I moved to Maine, pretty long ride thru Me, NH, Vt. I always enjoyed Lows, NY State has done a fine job protecting that beautiful place.
  11. Robin

    Almost ten years

    Ah yes, Canoetripping.net gathering, Lows Lake, NY ADK’s. good time, Thanks for sharing
  12. Robin

    Show us pictures of your canoe vehicle with boat(s)

    I have portable hood loops, just a strap with a tube that locks under the hood, they worked well and didn't leave marks.
  13. Robin

    Show us pictures of your canoe vehicle with boat(s)

    On a recent trip to Canada I reserved an SUV from Enterprise Car Rental. When it came time for pickup, the person at the counter informed me that Enterprise doesn’t allow SUV’s to Canada because they get stolen at a high rate. So they gave me this Toyota Hybrid, great on gas but not what I...
  14. Robin

    Speaking of derelict canoes...

    Yea, I guess that canoe gets lots of laughs, pretty sad imo.
  15. Robin

    17' Old Town wood/canvas derelict (well maybe)

    Fiberglass and epoxy are two words that shouldn’t be used around wood canvas canoes. Well, maybe the term “a little epoxy” is ok. I’m done taking on new projects, but if that was my canoe I would; 1.Remove the canvas and strip the varnish, there’s a chance you might find more cracked ribs. 2...
Back
Top Bottom