• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

Photo of the day

as far upstream as I made it this time (I will be back, and try to make it to 1 of the 2 ponds feeding it).

Little Norridgewock Stream, Chesterville WMA.
View attachment 140869

Gadabyte, is that your new-to-you Hemlock SRT? If so, tell us how it performed and how you felt in it—in another thread, I suppose, in order for this one to stay on topic.

My wife found out she prefers paddling stern. I think I’ve created a monster.

You are a lucky man. I'd rather paddle bow but it's rare that any of my paddling partners want to take stern. I think bow is more interesting than stern but maybe that's just because it's unique (for me).

Alan

You are a lucky man. I'd rather paddle bow but it's rare that any of my paddling partners want to take stern. I think bow is more interesting than stern but maybe that's just because it's unique (for me).

Alan
I could care less where I'm sitting as long as she's there and having a blast with me.

View attachment 141121
My wife and I completed a tandem whitewater course at NOC this past weekend. It was a blast and we learned a lot. My wife found out she prefers paddling stern. I think I’ve created a monster. She loves it and promptly joined this forum when we got home! @Kharrick

Congrats to you and @Kharrick, who paddles bow in her now out-dated avatar picture. What canoe did you use, and was it yours or one that NOC supplied?

Congrats to you and @Kharrick, who paddles bow in her now out-dated avatar picture. What canoe did you use, and was it yours or one that NOC supplied?
Thanks Glenn! NOC provided us with an Esquif Prospecteur 16. We paddled the Little Tennessee River which is mostly swifts and class I but we did get to have some fun with a couple class II ledges.

Instructor’s name is William Dupree. He was awesome. Would recommend.

Congratulations Team Harrick, you two succeeded in the marriage test! Surviving as a wife and husband in a tandem canoe during training is no short success. Well done!

My suggestion is to learn to paddle solo to strengthen your tandem skills. With solo skills either paddler is competent at each end. Reading the water is the map of where to go.

Ready the house for numerous water-crafts!

Back