• Happy Birthday, Marilyn Monroe (1926-62)! 🎥⭐👩🏼👄👠👗

Building the New Canadian Canoe Museum

Yes!

I was lucky enough to get a Members invite to the Museum on Sunday before it opened the the public on Monday.
To say that the new building is spectacular is an understatement- it is a good as the architects renderings suggested it would be! The attention to detail is incredible- the maps, displays and interior finishes are all terrific.
I didn't spend enough time looking at the exhibits- too many people to catch up with!- but I can return regularly. A couple of the take aways: the over 500 watercraft not on display are in one place in client controlled environment and accessible to new custom built steel racking; Becky Mason was on hand and delighted in telling all about her Dad's canoes on display; Ian Tamblyn and Jerry Vandiver ("Too Many Canoes"!) all afternoon entertained in the Great Hall...There are still finishing touches needed here and there, but it is already well worth the drive to Peterborough.
The piece de resistance for me as a local, was being able to pull up tp the docks for my visit!

Bruce

Attachments

• May 12_1.jpg
    May 12_1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 66422f2c4fa3c.image.jpg
    66422f2c4fa3c.image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 12
  • May 12_3.jpg
    May 12_3.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 12
  • May 12_4.jpg